This page works best when viewed on a desktop computer. If you are trying to purchase tickets via your phone or other mobile device, please make sure that your device is in landscape orientation for better results, or click here to go directly to our Eventbrite ticket sales page (recommended).
Follow these instructions:
Please remember that you are NOT transferring the ticket – you are using EDIT so you will NOT be charged a change fee!
Contact email@example.com if you have any issues.
If the ticket information does not match the ticket holder, the new ticket holder will need to go to Will Call with the ticket purchaser to update the information before entering the event. If the ticket information is all current and correct, you will not need to stop at Will Call.
Eventbrite has added a new feature from Affirm, an outside company allowing a payment solution for your ticketing needs. For information on payments see www.affirm.com/faqs. To use this feature click on “Affirm” in the payment options during checkout and fill out the application. Once approved you will receive your ticket and be able to make payments as agreed upon. Note: payments can continue to be made even after you’ve attended YOUTopia. (This product is not associated with YOUtopia – it is a contract entered into between you and an outside crediting company and YOUtopia and SDCAP make no representations regarding Affirm.)
IMPORTANT ENTRY INFORMATION
We, the YOUtopia and Burning Man community, are a culture that respects and encourages active consent. Our willingness to respect our own, other’s, and our culture’s boundaries allows us to create the safest possible space in which we all can play. Respectful, open communication; willing, informed consent; and self-awareness are the tools we use in creating this environment, and consent makes the event better for every participant.
Kids 12 and under are free, meaning born on or after Oct 12, 2004. Anyone born on or before October 13th, 2004 will need to buy a ticket. Minors will not be admitted without being accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
PARKING PASSES: ALL vehicles at YOUtopia must have a parking pass. There will be passes for RV’s, Car Camping, and lot parking. The pass will help you find your parking spot, and help us find you if we need to. Please leave them visible on the driver-side dashboard/windshield.
SHUTTLES: Transportation about the site will be provided by the event. A Transportation Plan will be made available to the community, and posted at http://sdyoutopia.com/event-guide/transportation-department-faq/.
Gate opens on Thursday at 10am. You will be allowed to take your car to your campsite and unload and return your car to a designated parking lot. Shuttle service will be available from parking to numerous bus stops throughout the event.
RV’s: An RV is defined as any vehicle, independently or when towing another vehicle or trailer, that is bigger than a van. Since RVs and trailers take up a huge amount of space we request that you fit as many campers into them as they are designed to hold. All RV’s will be in our designated RV areas. If you need to park your RV with your registered camp, you will need to contact your Theme Camp/Placement Liaison for clearance. NO RV PASSES WILL BE SOLD AT THE GATE. If you arrive without an RV pass for your RV, YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY.
CAR CAMPING: If you must have your car inside of the event, you can purchase a Car Camping pass. Car Camping, gives you approximately 10×20 space for your vehicle, your tent, and and your 27 hula hoops. Car Camping passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are for designated Car Camping areas only.
If you were not issued a Theme Camp parking pass or you did not purchase a Car Camping or RV camping pass, your car must be parked in the designated parking area. Absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS.
NO GLASS: Our contract with the La Jolla Indian Reservation states that there can be no glass of any kind on site. You will be searched for glass at the gate, and will not be permitted to enter with glass. No exceptions.
NO PETS OR ANIMALS: Due to the sensitive nature of the environment at the La Jolla Indian Reservation Campgrounds and campground rules, we ask that you leave your pets at home. Please do not try to sneak them in. You will be turned away at the gate if you bring them. If you have questions about Active Service Animals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NO VENDING: YOUtopia does not allow vending on site, with the exception of event-directed ice and coffee sales. You need to provide your own food, water, and shelter.
FIRE: YOUtopia happens during a high fire danger part of the year, when water is not flowing in the river. As burners, we like to burn – but there are ABSOLUTELY NO OPEN CAMPFIRES ALLOWED. Only campfires specifically created and tended by the YOUtopia production team in designated open areas are allowed. This means you cannot start any kind of fire in your campsite, ever.
If you are planning to bring any kind of fire, fire spinning tools, or fire art, it MUST BE APPROVED PRIOR TO THE EVENT BY CITY PLANNING AND FIRE SAFETY. In order to preserve the diverse flora and fauna at the campground, NO OUTSIDE FIREWOOD is allowed into the venue. Your contained propane camping stove is allowed. Please supervise it carefully at all times.
This is a “Bring Your Own Cup” event! Many Theme Camps will be offering food or beverages (including alcohol if you’re over 21), but you will need to provide your own cup or dishware in order to be served!
PACK IT OUT: This is a Leave No Trace event. That means packing in and out everything you bring, make, and acquire while at YOUtopia. There will be no dumpsters on-site. Any trash receptacles found on YOUtopia grounds are for the staff and tribal use only – please do not use them.
If you want to learn more about getting involved, in the San Diego Burning Man Community, check out www.sdcap.org/im-new or www.sdcap.org/links. Additionally, if you are interested in volunteering with YOUtopia, email our email@example.com.
Keep an eye on sdyoutopia.com - there is loads of information including how to apply for art grants or theme camp placement, and additional details about the event.
1. These Terms and Conditions may be changed by SDCAP prior to the Event, and if so, the revised Terms and Conditions will apply to you. The current version can be found at: YOUtopia 2016 Terms and Conditions. Your use of a ticket or other entry credential for entry to the Event signifies your binding agreement to the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of your entry to the Event.
2. You must print your ticket and sign and bring the attached Waiver and Release to be admitted at the gate. You certify thatif you sign a waiver and release form on behalf of any minor child that you have the right to do so. VALID ID (driver’s license, passport or state or military ID card) showing your date of birth is required and the name on your ID MUST match the name entered when you purchased your tickets, or you will not be admitted to YOUtopia.
3. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be issued for any reason. Fees are non-refundable. In alignment with the Decommodification Principle, one of Burning Man’s Ten Principles, YOUtopia EVENT TICKETS AND VEHICLE PASSES MAY NOT BE SOLD FOR ADDITIONAL MARKUP BEYOND THEIR FACE VALUE, SOLD FOR PRIVATE PROFIT, OR UTILIZED TO PROMOTE OR RAISE FUNDS FOR ANY OTHER COMPANY OR PROJECT. You understand that if you attempt to sell or sell a YOUtopia Event ticket or vehicle pass for above face value; purchase a ticket or vehicle pass with the intention of reselling it for above face value; offer a ticket or vehicle pass as a reward or prize in any sweepstakes, auction, contest, game, drawing, or fundraising campaign without SDCAP’s prior written authorization; or offer a YOUtopia ticket or vehicle pass for sale as part of a travel package that includes shelter, meals, or other amenities at the Event, SDCAP has the absolute right, in its sole discretion, to cancel any such ticket or vehicle pass without notice. Once cancelled, the ticket or vehicle pass will be null and void and will not grant the holder any right to enter the Event, and SDCAP will not have any liability to refund any of the purchase price to the purchaser or his or her assignee.
4. If you are obtaining tickets and/or vehicle passes for, or providing any tickets and/or vehicle passes to, any other person(s), you recognize that you are acting as that person’s agent in obtaining the tickets and/or vehicle passes, and due to this agency relationship, you agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of any person to whom you deliver any of the tickets and/or vehicle passes you obtain, and you shall notify any such person of these Terms and Conditions when you deliver a ticket and/or vehicle pass to them. If you have obtained a ticket and/or vehicle pass from another person, you also agree to these Terms and Conditions when the ticket and/or vehicle pass is delivered to you.
5. Tickets, credentials, and vehicle passes are revocable licenses that may be revoked by SDCAP for any reason, including without limitation assisting people with unauthorized or un-ticketed entry to the Event. This ticket is not subject to any refund and shall bear no cash value. If issued complimentary or at a discount, this ticket shall not be exchangeable. Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be lost, stolen or counterfeit, and if so are void. This ticket cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed, and is valid only for the Event for which it is issued. EVENT MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT, without refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission to or eject any person whose conduct is deemed by management to be disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language or who fails to comply with these or other management rules.
6. You agree to read and abide by these terms and all information listed in the 2016 Survival Guide.
7. You consent to have medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during any program, event, or activity at the Event. You release SDCAP and all persons participating in any such medical treatment from all responsibility for any such actions.
8. You understand that children under 18 years of age can attend the event only if accompanied by a parent or guardian, and that if you bring a minor to the event you agree to the contractual terms contained in these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the minor and have the right to do so.
9. You acknowledge that all vehicles, including trucks, trailers, and recreational vehicles, entering the Event are subject to search by Gate staff for stowaways, animals, guns, glass, fireworks, handheld lasers, or other prohibited items.
10. SDCAP is not liable for acts of God, the weather, strikes, protests, or actions taken by government agencies and similar causes.You understand that tickets and vehicle passes are nonrefundable even if the Event is terminated early or canceled, or entry conditions are modified, due to harsh weather, acts of nature, governmental regulation, the failure to obtain required permits, or conditions beyond SDCAP’s control.
11. You understand that (1) you must bring enough food, water, shelter, and first aid to survive the duration of the Event; (2) guns, fireworks, rockets, and other explosives are prohibited unless specifically authorized by SDCAP; (3) handheld lasers of any kind are prohibited; (4) this is a LEAVE NO TRACE, pack it IN, pack it OUT event; and (5) you are asked to contribute 2 hours of campground cleanup in addition to cleaning up your own camp.
12. You understand that commercial vending of any kind, including without limitation the provision of any goods or services delivered to or at the Event for a prepaid fee, is prohibited except as authorized by SDCAP and permitted by the Band as applicable.
13. You understand that some participants at the Event may engage in expressive activity and dress, which may include partial nudity or nudity and other types of expressive activity. You agree that such expressive activity and dress is neither indecent nor offensive to you, and that you have decided to attend the Event with full knowledge that such expressive activity and dress may occur. If you are accompanied by minors at the Event, you acknowledge that you have made a choice that the minors may be exposed to the expressive activities and dress that take place at the Event, and that you have exercised parental responsibility and control in bringing the minors to the Event. Should you find that any activity at the Event is offensive to you, or to any minors accompanying you, you acknowledge that you can avoid such activity by, among other things, leaving the vicinity of the activity or leaving the Event.
14. By entering the Event, all participants agree to the following terms, conditions, and guidelines for the use of any imagery obtained at the Event, including still photographs and videos (hereinafter “Event Imagery”). Cameras are welcomed at the Event and are an important part of YOUtopia’s storytelling history. YOUtopia monitors dissemination of Event Imagery for two primary reasons: (1) to preserve the principle of Decommodification by ensuring that photographs and videos from the Event are not used for advertising or commercial purposes; and (2) to protect participants’ right to privacy, freedom of expression, and creative immediacy. Participants may use Event Imagery for “Personal Use,” defined to include: (1) sharing with friends and family; (2) displaying on personal websites (as long as the website does not sell any product or service, and does not purport or appear to be an official website of the Event or SDCAP); and (3) displaying on personal accounts on photo-sharing and social networking websites, such as Flickr and Facebook (as long as the display of the Event Imagery on these sites is not commercial or promotional in any manner and the account is not affiliated with any commercial enterprise).
YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT YOU MAY NOT MAKE ANY USE OF EVENT IMAGERY WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM SDCAP, OTHER THAN PERSONAL USE (as defined above). You understand that you have no right to sell, transfer, license, sublicense, or give your Event Imagery to any other party, except for Personal Use, and you agree to inform anyone to whom you give any Event Imagery that it can only be used for Personal Use. Without the prior written consent of SDCAP, you understand that you may not use in any advertisement, promotional materials (including music videos), or in the title or on the cover of any publication designed for public dissemination (other than blog posts), any (1) Event Imagery, or (2) copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property owned or licensed by SDCAP or Burning Man.
If you post, or allow to be posted, any Event Imagery on a personal website or a website controlled by a third party, even if permissible as Personal Use, you agree that: (1) you will place, or cause to be placed, on any webpage on which such Event Imagery is displayed a notice that (a) the Event Imagery can be used only for the poster’s personal use and not for any other purpose, and (b) the Event Imagery may be downloaded or copied only in accordance with a Creative Commons license that prohibits the licensee from using the Event Imagery for commercial purposes, including CC BY-NC, CC BY-NC-SA, and CC BY-NC-ND (available at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/); (2) you will not license any Event Imagery that contains any nudity or partial nudity (including any imagery in which bare breasts, bare buttocks, genitals, or genital areas are visible); and (3) if SDCAP notifies you that any such images must be removed, for any reason whatsoever in SDCAP’s sole discretion, you will promptly remove or cause to be removed those images. You understand that use of the Creative Commons’ licenses approved herein does not supersede these Terms and Conditions, nor your responsibility as the photographer or videographer to obtain all necessary permissions from subjects and artists as appropriate.
SDCAP forbids any use (other than Personal Use) of Event Imagery that contains nudity presented in a sexual context and/or without the express written permission of the subjects. Violations or suspected problems of this nature should be reported to YOUtopia Rangers and/or Media (at the Event) or to BOD@sdcap.org (year-round).
The YOUtopia community grows primarily by word of mouth. SDCAP does little to solicit attention from media companies about the YOUtopia Event, and does not seek to grow the Event by exposure through the mass media. SDCAP does support the presence of the press, and encourages the free expression of news reporters, storytellers, small groups documenting special projects, cultural or fine art photographers, and creative authors/researchers or academics, but all such uses require a written agreement with SDCAP in order to use Event Imagery. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. You acknowledge that people are using film, video, and photographic cameras at the Event, and that your image may be captured on film, video, or photographs that may subsequently be displayed or disseminated without your consent or payment of compensation to and you release SDCAP from any liability due to such filming, photographing, or dissemination.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, AND YOU DO SO KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR DURESS.